The Certificate in Advanced Wedding Planning & Styling has been designed by industry professionals to equip future wedding planners with the basic skills they will need for a successful career in all aspects of wedding planning. Both technical and practical, this course guides aspiring planners through all aspects of the wedding industry, allowing the students to gain a greater understanding as to which will be their chosen path at the end of the course. It also offers guidance for developing a start-up business or working within an existing business or venue based on industry standards.
All the elements of a wedding are carefully assimilated into modules, whereby students are guided by professional facilitators within their area of expertise, giving them the skills and the confidence needed to achieve success in this competitive industry.
Modules Covered in the Course
- Introduction to the World of Wedding and Event Planning
- Detailing the South African Wedding and Event Industry as a Whole
- The Role of the Wedding/Event Planner vs that of a Wedding/Event Coordinator or a Venue Coordinator
- The Importance of the Relationship between Wedding Planner & Venue Coordinator
- Cultural Wedding Traditions & Origination s Thereof
- Wedding Etiquette
- Wedding Trends
- Wedding Products and Services
Professional Industry endorsed Specialists introduce and host lectures on each product and service offered within the wedding industry according to their area of expertise
- Personal Styling & Grooming
- Basic Business Management
- Understanding the Basics
- Time Management
- Balance of Work and Lifestyle
- Facebook & Twitter Workshop
- Social Media
- Establishing your Target Market
- Trend Spotting
- Marketing your Business Effectively
- Meeting with your Couples
- Initial Meeting
- Planning of Future Meetings
- Final Meetings
- Pulling the Plans Together
- Understanding the Needs of the Couple
- Dealing with Difficult Clients
- How to Charge for your Services
- Creating a Personal Package in Line with your Services
- Important Items to Include
- Defining your Scope of Responsibilities
- Your Terms and Conditions
- How to Sell your Services
- Fee Structure and Guidance
- Scheduling the Wedding Timeline in Template Form
- Scheduling for a Wedding Planner
- Different Types & Styles of Weddings
- Managing your Clients Budget
- Budget Templates
- Preparation for Wedding/Event Day Management
- The Wedding Ceremony
- Coordinating a Wedding Rehearsal
- The Ceremony according to a Marriage Officer
- The Variation of Ceremonies
- The Variety of Elements involved in a Wedding Ceremony
- Dress and Attire
- The Bride
- The Retinue
- Groom and Groomsmen Etiquette Styles
- Colour Coordination
- Wedding Venues
- Ceremony Venues
- Reception Venues
- Evaluation of the Venue
- Understanding of the Services offered by the Venues
- Working with Venue Coordinators
- Understanding the Venues Operating Systems
- Interaction with Caterers
- Catering from a Wedding Planners Perspective
- Serving Styles
- Venue Catering
- Private Catering
- Dietary Requirements
- Food Quality
- Briefing the Caterer
- Menu Selections
- Wine Tasting
- Serving Wines
- Wine Varietals
- Wine and Food Pairing
- Most Suitable Wines for Weddings
- Brief History of South African Wine
- Tasting and Assessing
- Wedding Cakes from the Wedding Planner perspective
- Hair & Make Up
- Basic Flower Arranging
- Creating Mood Boards
- Styling & Design Concepts for Weddings
- Briefing a Florist & Décor Supplier
- Basic Draping
- Wedding Stationery Basics
- Décor and Styling
- Music, Entertainment & Lighting for Weddings/Events
- Selecting, Detailing and Dealing with Service Providers
- Building a Portfolio
5 months Part Time (one evening per week 6pm – 9pm)
Registrations are open and classes fill up quickly in the new year so early registration is advisable
- JHB – Randburg
- 10 July 2017 (Mondays 6pm-9pm)
- PTA – Menlyn
- 31 May 2017 (Wednesdays 6pm-9pm)
- DBN – Westville
- 15 June 2017 (Mondays 6pm-9pm)
- CPT – Plattekloof
- 5 July 2017 (Wednesdays 6pm-9pm)
Students are given the brief for their final assessment due at the end of the course. The School strongly advises that students start working on this brief from the beginning of the course so as to stay on trend.
It has been noted in the past that some students underestimate the amount of work that is involved and end up starting too late, creating negative results.
The presentation of the assessment is held on the last Sunday of the course. The reason for this being that many of the students work full time and therefore the whole weekend is dedicated to the preparation of this final assessment.
Students are given the opportunity to get involved with assisting at weddings planned and executed by The Wedding Specialist (Khali Collins – nee de Villiers’ wedding planning company, well recognised within the industry). There are also opportunities to work part time with other suppliers and venues dedicated to employing students for mutual gain.
Students will also be involved with The SA School of Weddings Wedding Wish Programme, an annual charity event whereby the students showcase their talent at an actual function. All students are also required to get involved in a group styled shoot, in order to aid in building a greater portfolio during the course.
The School provides support to students who require assistance after the completion of the course. Students are able to bounce ideas around and seek guidance.
Additionally, the School recommends successful students to venues and companies who are looking for staff within their organisation.
In order to receive a Certificate in Advanced Wedding Planning, a student is required to successfully complete all the assessments/ assignments and tasks set out by The SA School of Weddings.
Students must also meet the qualifications, standards, ethics and ideals necessary to successfully and responsibly serve future clients as a professional Wedding Planner.
80% attendance is required and the pass mark of 65% must be obtained in order to successfully pass the Certificate in Advanced Wedding Planning.
This course is offered in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban & Cape Town.
|Registration Fee: R2500 (This Secures your place in the class and is not refundable. The registration fee is not included in the course fee)|
|Total cost of course:||Part Time:
You must submit and complete the following in order to register for the course:
- Matric Certificate
- Copy of your ID or Passport
- Signed and competed enrolment form (please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the forms)
- Proof of payment of R2500 Registration Fee
- Reference: First and Last Name – or else payment will not be captured
Once your registration is complete, you will receive a welcome letter to The SA School of Weddings together with your allocated student number.
Please note our head office is based in JHB where all administration takes place. Pretoria, KZN & Cape Town are only training facilities.
Our office hours are as follows:
Monday – Thursday: 8am to 5pm
Friday: 8am to 2pm (due to weekend functions)