Draping is a great way to enhance any event. Draping can cover unsightly areas, change the colour palette of an event space or stand as a backdrop to a main table at a wedding or a stage. Create an elegant ambience with stylish draping that will leave a lasting impression Whether you want to do fancy, sophisticated, subtle or the most devilishly decadent, fairy lit function backdrop, this course will assist you in allowing your imagination run wild. You will work with a range of different fabrics.
Modules Covered in the Course
- Introduction to Function Décor & Draping
- Materials and equipment used for draping
- Material preparation
- Fire Retardation
- Safety first
- Measuring your function space
- The structure of your venue and how to work with your space
- Charging for your services
- Sourcing suppliers
- Trip to a material factory to see all the types of material
- Draping of a main table
- Securing your ropes
- Draping poles
- Chair décor & draping
- Draping a gazebo
- Draping backdrops
- Draping a room
- Working with Fairy lights and lighting
- Working with colour palettes
- Arch draping & decor
- Draping of an actual marquee
- Marketing yourself
- Social Media for your business
- Costs of running a décor business
- Building a portfolio
- Small business management
- Handling clients & meetings
- Basic First aid Course
- Fractures, Burns and Bleeding
- Seizures and Shock
- Head injuries and Sprains
- Bites and Stings
- The emergency call and Safety
- The Recovery position
- 44page full colour Basic First
- Aid booklet, and an attendance card,
- Basic First Aid certificate (valid for 2years)
Covering the following
You will receive:
Duration and Class options
- Sunday Classes 1pm -5pm
8 Weeks Part Time
- 1 Week Full Time Course (9am – 3pm)
The SA School of Weddings provides students who require assistance at any stage after the completion of the course. Students are able to bounce ideas around and seek guidance where needed.
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Skills program certificate in Draping as well as a Basic First Aid certificate (valid for 2years).
In order to successfully pass this course you will need to complete all the practical applications of the course and have 100% attendance.
Student are also required to be at class 15min before class starts.
Costs involved in the Event & Wedding Draping Course
Course fees are all inclusive of Printed Material, and elements for the course.
Total cost of course:
You must submit and complete the following in order to register for the course:
- Copy of your ID or Passport
- Signed and competed enrolment form (attached to this email)
- Proof of payment of R1500 Registration Fee
- Fax number: 086 503 6196
- Reference: First and Last Name
Once your registration is complete, you will receive a welcome letter to The SA School of Weddings together with your allocated student number.
Please note our head office is based in JHB where all administration takes place.
Our office ours
Monday – Thursday: 8am to 5pm
Friday: 8am to 2pm (due to weekend functions)