Draping is a great way to enhance any event. Draping can cover unsightly areas, change the colour palette of an event space or stand as a backdrop to a main table at a wedding or a stage.
Create an elegant ambience with stylish draping that will leave a lasting impression
Whether you want to do fancy, sophisticated, subtle or the most devilishly decadent, fairy lit function backdrop, this course will assist you in allowing your imagination run wild. You will work with a range of different fabrics.
Modules Covered in the Course
- Introduction to Function Décor & Draping
- Materials and equipment used for draping
- Material preparation
- Fire Retardation
- Safety first
- Measuring your function space
- The structure of your venue and how to work with your space
- Charging for your services
- Sourcing suppliers
- Trip to a material factory to see all the types of material
- Draping of a main table
- Securing your ropes
- Draping poles
- Chair décor & draping
- Draping a gazebo
- Draping backdrops
- Draping a room
- Working with Fairy lights and lighting
- Working with colour palettes
- Arch draping & decor
- Draping of an actual marquee
- Marketing yourself
- Social Media for your business
- Costs of running a décor business
- Building a portfolio
- Small business management
- Handling clients & meetings
- Basic First aid Course
Covering the following
- Fractures, Burns and Bleeding
- Seizures and Shock
- Head injuries and Sprains
- Bites and Stings
- The emergency call and Safety
- The Recovery position
You will receive:
- 44 page full colour Basic First Aid booklet, and an attendance card,
- Basic First Aid certificate (valid for 2years)
Duration and Class options
- Part Time
- 2 Months (Sun 1pm -5pm)
- Full Time
- 5 days (9am – 3pm)
- Part Time
- 7 August 2016
- Full Time
- 18 – 22 July 2016
The SA School of Weddings provides students who require assistance at any stage after the completion of the course. Students are able to bounce ideas around and seek guidance where needed.
Students who successfully complete the course will receive a Skills program certificate in Draping as well as a Basic First Aid certificate (valid for 2years).
In order to successfully pass this course you will need to complete all the practical applications of the course and have 100% attendance.
Student are also required to be at class 15min before class starts.
Costs involved in the Event & Wedding Draping Course
The Registration fee is an admin fee and is a security deposit to secure your space in the class.
Please note that this is a non-refundable fee and is not included in the total of the course.
|Course fees are all inclusive of Printed Material, and elements for the course.|
|Total cost of course:||R4000
Part Time: R2000 x 2 installments
Full Time: The course must be paid in full by the 3rd class of the course.
You must submit and complete the following in order to register for the course:
- Copy of your ID or Passport
- Signed and competed enrolment form (attached to this email)
- Proof of payment of R2000 Registration Fee
- Reference: First and Last Name
Once your registration is complete, you will receive a welcome letter to The SA School of Weddings together with your allocated student number.
Please note our head office is based in JHB where all administration takes place.
Our office ours
Monday – Thursday: 8am to 5pm
Friday: 8am to 2pm (due to weekend functions)