The Skills Programme Certificate in Advanced Flower Arranging and Function Décor has been designed for people interested in advancing into the industry function décor and flowers.
Your facilitator is actively in the wedding industry and has over 25 years of floristry experience. You will get invaluable knowledge and experience from her along with the innovative and modern designs of Khali Collins – The Wedding Specialist.
The course is an extremely practical course where you will be physically doing the arrangements and setting up of the décor elements.
Modules Covered in the Course
- Introduction to function décor for weddings and events
- Tools and equipment needed
- Table settings for weddings
- Table settings for functions
- Chair décor and detail
- Napkin folding and accessorising
- Choosing flowers
- Flower preparation
- Seasons and availability of flowers
- Flower foliage
- Buying flowers on the auction (we go to the actual flower auction)
- Button holes
- Flowers for the brides hair
- Hair garlands
- Pew arrangements
- Ceremony décor and crafts
- Church flowers
- Mass arrangements
- Draping and column flowers
- Dressing a cake with flowers
- Wiring flowers
- Dressing a gazebo or a Chuppa with flowers and draping
- Modern Bridal bouquets
- Traditional bouquets
- Flowers for different centre piece
- Colour combinations
- Reception décor and gala dinner décor
- Themed events
- Main table flowers, draping and decor
- Hanging arrangements
- Table layouts
- The use of vases, candelabras, candles, stands and votive
- Lighting you arrangements
- Handling mock-ups
- Meeting with your clients
- Cost cutting
- Measuring your function space
- The structure of your venue and how to work with your space
- Charging for your services
- Securing your ropes
- Draping a gazebo
- Draping backdrops
- Draping a room
- Working with Fairy lights and lighting
- Suppliers and sourcing of materials
- Marketing yourself
- Building a portfolio
- Costing and quoting for your services
Equipment / Materials
Flowers and materials are supplied within the course, when we do table setting and we use décor elements these remain the property of The SA School of Weddings. Students are more than welcome to work with their own vases and décor elements to take home.
To each class students will be required to bring flower cutters, sharp knife, cloth, stapler, an apron and a camera.
The rest of the tools will be supplied by The SA School of Weddings.
4 months – Part Time (once a week on a Saturday or on a Thursday evening classes)
1 week – Full Time (during the week)
The SA School of Weddings provides students who require assistance at any stage after the completion of the course. Students are able to bounce ideas around and seek guidance for years to come.
In order to receive a Skills Programme Certificate Function Décor & Flower Arranging from The SA School of Weddings, you will be required to successfully complete all arrangements and practicals done with in the 4 months and do a final presentation at the end of the course.