3 Day Floral Design Course
The Skills Programme 3 day Floral Design course is designed specifically for those interested in entering the world or floristry & event design, whether it is for yourself or an intimate celebration.
Your facilitator has over 30 years of floristry experience, allowing you the opportunity to gain invaluable insight into this exciting avenue through her knowledge and experience, along with Khali Collins, aka The wedding Specialist and the Owner of The SA School of Weddings , innovative and modern designs currently trending. The course is extremely practical whereby you will physically be doing the flower arrangements and setting up of the décor elements.
At The SA School of Weddings, we are committed to making sure that students leave feeling inspired, excited and really to celebrate their new skills
MODULES COVERED IN THE COURSE
- Introduction to Floral Design
- Tools and Equipment Needed
- Choosing Flowers
- Flower Preparation & Conditioning
- Seasons and Availability of Flowers
- Flower Foliage
- Wiring Flowers
- Where to get your Flowers and various floral supplies at wholesale prices
- Floral Gifting & Boxes
- Flower crowns
- Designer Backdrops (floral and balloon arches)
- Table settings
- Napkin Folding and Accessorising
- Designing Tables centrepieces
- Costing your Design
- Business Basics
- 3 Days
- Times: 9am – 4pm
- JHB Part Time Date: 30 May, 6 May, 13 May 2021
- JHB Full Time Date: 13-15 May 2021
- PTA Part Time Date: 19, 26 & 27 May 2021
- Available in JHB only
All printed material and flowers required for the Course are supplied by The SA School of Weddings. When doing table settings using our décor elements, these remain the property of The SA School of Weddings.
Students will be required to bring the following to each Class:
- Flower Cutters (Can be purchased at The SA School of Weddings on request)
- Sharp Knife
- Ruler (30cm) or Tape Measure
- Camera (a phone with a good camera is sufficient)
Should students leave any of these tools behind, no sharing is permitted. We are very strict on this rule of being well equipped at all times. We also have had to put in strict measure to ensure everyones saftey.
Space is limited due to COVID-19 Health and Saftey Regulations
In order to successfully complete the course at The SA School of Weddings, students are required to successfully complete all arrangements and practical elements covered within the course.
100% attendance is required. Only upon successful completion of the course students will receive a Certificate of Attendance for the 3 Day Floral Design Course