Beginning your search for the perfect wedding venue can be overwhelming. With so much to choose from, it can quickly become more perplexing than fun. With this in mind we’ve put together a list of key points that can act as a guideline when approaching this special choice.
- Tone: You need to decide on the style of your wedding. Whether it’s a church, garden, location etc, the venue sets the tone of the wedding. This is important especially if you have a specific idea or theme in mind. Your type of wedding will narrow the search considerably.
- Budget: You will need to come up with a draft budget to insure that you include all aspects such as catering, flowers, music etc; note that certain venues will include some of these in their cost, which can come at great cost if you need to hire them (tables and chairs, crockery, glasses etc.).
- Guests: Your number of guests will affect your choice of venue, capacity wise. It’s a good idea to draw up a rough guest list before you go venue hunting.
- Logistics: Take into account transport for guests, for example, is there public transport to the venue of your choice? If not, is there sufficient parking available? Depending on the length of your celebrations, will you need to organise accommodation for some of your guests?
- Weather: Depending on the time of year chosen, weather can play a big role in choosing your venue. This is especially pertinent to outdoor weddings, and a backup for bad weather should always be organised.
- Decor: If you have a unique idea, it’s good to see what would be appropriate to the space. Your theme may require a specific setting.
- Availability: While you probably have a set date in mind, it’s a good idea to be flexible and select a few alternative dates that work for the wedding party, so as to avoid disappointment.
Lastly it’s important to ask away! If you still feel uneasy in the planning of your decor, we offer a variety of courses and workshops which will give you the confidence to create your perfect day.